Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hailing the Buses

Yesterday us four roommates just roamed around and tried out the bus system, which (ps)es un poco loco. There are bus stops, but you can also just hail a bus from anywhere....like the middle of a street. Yesterday we were trying to all get on a bus, but got on the wrong one. So our senora told the driver to stop. He stopped in the middle of the road and let us off. Then we were crossing the street to get to another side. However, we stopped on the medium mid-way through. I asked why did we stop. Senora said, Oh we are waiting for the bus here. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!?!?!?! I really couldn't believe it, but we did it. Then we saw the bus way off in the distance, stopped. We started walking towards it. She kept yelling wait, wait, wait. So the driver waited. Lack of order, I tell ya. Some of things that happened, like this one, just totally blow my mind. I never would have dreamed I would be in a situation like that. So i guess my study abroad is doing its job.

No comments:

Post a Comment